Eagan is launching a new Smart Irrigation Program to help the City reduce annual water use and residents to save money on their irrigation systems.
How it works:
- Sign up for the program at safewatercommission.com/eaganSIP (this portal is outside of the City of Eagan's website),
- have an irrigation system evaluation performed,
- receive a comprehensive report about your system,
- have your old controller professionally replaced with a new “Smart” weather-based controller,
- be trained on your new Smart system.
A City-sponsored conservation program covers over 60% of the list cost. Residents with irrigation systems, who choose to participate, will have an initial investment of $170. Participants can expect to recover nearly all their investment in the first year of the program and will continue to see savings throughout the life of the system.
The City is partnering with Safe Water Commission and Hunter Industries to perform the system evaluation, install the Smart irrigation controllers, and train homeowners on how to use the mobile application.
You are eligible for Eagan’s Smart Irrigation Program if you have:
- A working irrigation system
- a non-weather-based irrigation controller in your home or garage
- strong and reliable Wi-Fi.
For more information:
Visit the website, email
To apply for the Smart Irrigation Program go to safewatercommission.com/eaganSIP (this portal is outside of the City of Eagan's website).